Ojibwe Rosetta Stone Project
Native languages and cultures are at a critical point in their existence… We know our language is a core part of who we are.
The Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe has partnered with Rosetta Stone to create a language learning platform for our Ojibwe Language to empower our community, to maintain our identity, and to help us be successful.
- Learn at your own pace.
- Improve your pronunciation using our exclusive speech recognition technology.
- Log in to learn anytime.
Level 2 was released on Art Gahbow Day – April 26, 2023.
Level 1 (Unit 1 to Unit 12) and Level 2 (Unit 13 to Unit 24) will be available together.
If you have Level 1, you won’t need to do anything to get Level 2. It will be available when you login.
Level 1 became available to the public March 1, 2022.
Effective April 26, 2023, prices will be:
FREE – No Charge (Access granted for 2 years)
- Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe Members and Descendants
- Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe Schools
DISCOUNTED RATE – $40 per license (Access granted for 2 years)
- Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe and Mille Lacs Corporate Ventures Staff
- Members of other Federally Recognized or First Nations Tribes, Other Tribal Schools
OTHER – $145 per license (Access granted for 2 years)
- General Public
- Other Non-Tribal Schools
- Organizations and Institutions not listed above
Please note: All licenses that go 12 months without activity will be de-activated.
While it is agreed that the Ojibwe Language is a gift that enriches the lives of our communities, small fees have been included for outside entities. This is intended to help recuperate developmental costs and administrative expenses that will be incurred by the Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe Aanjibimaadizing program during the distribution process and ensure viability into the future. We appreciate your support of this project.
If enrolled in a federally recognized or First Nations tribe, there will be an opportunity to upload a photo or scan of your Tribal ID during the registration process.
Group information packet with registration info, FAQs and support information, teachers guides and supplemental educational materials.
1.Click the link above to go directly to the registration form.
-or- Scan the QR code on the left with your phone’s camera.
-or- Go directly to https://mlbo-laserfiche.millelacsband.com/Forms/Rosetta.
Please note: This registration link needs to be accessed from a device that is NOT connected to the internet or wi-fi on an MLBO network.
If you are registering a school, organization or other group, please go to the group link above or https://www.culture.aanji.org/language/ojibwe-rosetta-stone/rosetta-stone-groups .
2. When registration has been submitted, you will get an email verification that your application has been received.
3. A link will be provided to pay via credit card. To pay by check, please make checks out to Aanjibimaadizing and mail or drop off payment to: Aanjibimaadizing, attn: Dan Pagnac, 43408 Oodena Drive, Onamia, MN 56359.
4. When payment has been received, you will get a welcome email from Rosetta Stone with information on how to set up your account at https://login.rosettastone.com/.
5. After setting up your account online, the Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe Rosetta Stone can then be accessed via computer from https://login.rosettastone.com/, or learn on the go from a smart phone or tablet using the Fluency Builder App.
Once you’ve downloaded the app on your mobile device, select “Sign in” and use the username and password that you used to set up your account.